Breaking News: UPDATE: Student kills 1 student, another 3 die later of injuries.
Marysville, Wash: The Marysville-Pilchuck High School 14-year-old student, Jaylen Fryberg, walked into his Seattle-area high school cafeteria on Friday and without yelling or talking, opened fire, killing one student and shooting four others in the head before turning the gun on himself.
When freshman student gunman opened fire at students in the school cafeteria in Marysville-Pilchuck High School on Friday, he was not shooting at random targets, but his relatives and friends. A student saw freshman Fryberg go up to a table in the cafeteria where the students where siting, ” he came up from behind … and fired about six bullets into the backs of them.”
“They were his friends, so it wasn’t just random.” The student went on to say, “we were sitting two tables away when the shooting began. “He (Fryberg) turned and looked at me and my girlfriend,” he said, “and kind of gave us a smirk.” He said he ducked under a table, too. Then the gunfire paused, and he looked out and saw the shooter was trying to reload. The shooter left the cafeteria and continued firing.
By the time the shooting was over, two people — the gunman and a female student — were dead and four were wounded, according to authorities. One female classmate was killed, police said. Her identity has not been released, as of yet. Fifteen-year-old Andrew Fryberg was shot in the head and remained in critical condition in intensive care at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle on Saturday, a spokeswoman said. She went on to say that Nate Hatch, 14, was shot in the jaw and was in serious condition there.
- The original call to 911 came in at 10:39 a.m. from an anonymous cell phone
- At 10:41 a.m. the Marysville School Resource Officer arrived in the cafeteria
- At 10:43 a.m. it was confirmed that the shooter was down
- At 10:49 a.m. aid from various fire organizations began to enter the scene to provide treatment to any injured
- At 11:00 a.m. Marysville Police Department called for a full SWAT deployment
UPDATE: 3 Dead, including the gunman and 3 others seriously injured
Gia Soriano, 14, one of four shooting victims being treated at area hospitals passed away around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night from her injuries.
UPDATE: 5 Dead, including the gunman and 1 other has left hospital
The fourth victim shot in the Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting has died at Harborview Medical Center.
Andrew Fryberg, 15, died the past Friday night. He had been in critical condition in the intensive-care unit at Harborview Medical Center since the day of the shooting. Andrew Fryberg, 15, is the fifth student to die, including shooter Jaylen Fryberg, who shot his friends Oct. 24 in the Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting before fatally shooting himself.
Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, 14, died Friday – October 31, 2014 at Everett’s Providence Regional Medical Center.
- Keys’ FREE “Knowledge Base Center” – Managing Dangerousness pdf downloads
- Keys’ Crisis Recovery: Returning to Normal
- See Books & Material on Safety
- See Assessing Dangerousness in Adults & Assessing the Potentially Dangerous Student
- Learn more about our Subject Matter Experts