Columbia, Maryland – Mall Shooting – 4 shot w/3 dead
COLUMBIA, Md. (1/25/14) — Three dead, with one being the shooter, after a shooting at the Columbia Mall in Columbia, Maryland.
There were four shot with three of them dead and four others injured trying to evaluate. One of the dead is the suspected shooter from an apparent self inflicted gun shot wound. The two who were killed are in their 20’s and were employees of Zumies in the mall. The weapon used was a shotgun. Police report that the shooter had a large amount of ammunition.
Police report that two of the shootings happened in the Zumiez store. Police say four victims with minor injuries not directly related to the shooting were taken to the hospital. However, the hospital says they’ve received five patients, including one shooting victim.
- 2014 is off to a deadly start with some 7 school shootings, 2 colleges and 1 mall.
- In 2013 there were 28 school shooting, 12 mall shootings and at least 1 movie theater. In the same time-frame, there were more than 12 shootings on or near college campuses in the United States. Of those incidents there were 26 people dead and approximately 35 wounded.
Obtain Free pdf Information Sheets:
- Assessing the Potentially Dangerous Student
- First Responder’s Training
- Emergency Response Development Training