Addressing Severe Student Behavior
This training is based on International Research, it relies on the Positive Behavioral Support approaches to managing severe behavior and is delivered by Subject-Mater-Experts in the field of Management of Severe Behavior.
This training focuses on:
- Understanding behavior,
- Determining it’s function in a student,
- Identifying Replacement behaviors,
- Looking for possible Interventions and
- Crafting a Positive Behavioral Plan to
- Extinguish the Inappropriate Behaviors and
- ways to measure the progress.
This training can be adapted to focus on a signal phase in the process:
I. Conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment or
II. Identifying Replacement Behaviors used in Developing a Behavioral Intervention Plan or
III. Developing a Effective Positive Behavioral Intervention Plan
IV. Placement and Follow through of that Plan or
V. Measuring the Progress